Image Source – http://www.constructionworld.org/top-10-construction-technology-trends-look/
Having returned from a great holiday in Finland, I thought I would share some technology updates happening over the past few weeks.
- Autodesk acquires Assemble Systems
- This brings further value to Autodesk’s BIM360 Cloud Platform by adding workflow capabilities that include bid management, estimating, project management, scheduling, site management, and finance. Assemble is already integrated within the Revit toolbar and I look forward to seeing where this technology takes BIM360. FAQ Link
- Autodesk University London 2018 – Recordings are now posted..
- To share one of my favourite AU classes – Watch Here. Kean Walmsley delivered a succinct class on Autodesk Forge and it’s use cases including Project Dasher. He also shared some great tips when starting to use Forge. Thank you Kean 🙂
- EdX – Free online courses www.edx.org
- EdX offers free online learning from leading education institutes. 1000’s of course materials from Harvard, MIT & Berkley to name only a few, the format are recordings, class notes and assignments to complete as part of your learning. A certificate of attendance is issued on completion for a small fee. A well worth investment of time to up skill in your own time.
- Microsoft Surface GO
- Microsoft have announced their competitively priced tablet computer, due for release in early August. This is said to rival the iPad market and will be priced at around €400/£350. See Here
- CITA Tech event Ireland
- Ireland’s Annual CITA event was announced last month, to happen on November 8th & 9th in Croke Park, Dublin. Register here www.citatechlive.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Onp1HaFXc