This blog post breaks down the primary modules in the Next-Gen BIM360, relevant to how an Architect could utilise each feature.
- Folders – The backbone of BIM360 allows you to store, view & comment on files, text, 2d & 3d models & manage folder access permissions.
- Reviews – Manage & submit documents for review to design consultants, client or your internal design team. Customise your approval stages from using a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6-step process.
- Transmittals – Issue folders of documents, drawings, 3d models for Tender Packages.
- Issues – Capture design issues and assign to relevant person or company for resolution.
- Version Compare side by side of 2d & 3d drawings or models.
- Auto-versioning of latest uploaded drawings, models and documents.
- Sync Models directly from Revit to the Cloud
- Combine with Consultants Models and view design changes automatically.
- Clash Models – e.g. if an enginers column runs through a door open.
- Assign Clashes to a responsible consultant if required.
- RFI’s – Receive or issue RFI’s at any stage of a project.
- Submittals – Approve specifications or product submittals from contractors.
- Checklists – Inspection, Safety & create custom checklists. Complete on-site using any mobile device.
- Issues – Capture issues on site and assign to relevant team or people.
- Dashboard results for all of the above.
These uses are not exhaustive as BIM360 allows multiple uses of each feature depending on the project stage.